Thursday, June 27th
Ontario Arts Council
151 Bloor St. West, 6th Floor, Board Room
MANO/RAMO presents a comprehensive workshop on developing a HR best practices and policy for non-profit and artist-run centres. This will be a discussion-based workshop led by Images Festival Executive Director Scott Berry and Images Board Member Jimena Ortuzar, who will share Images new HR Policy and discuss the following:
- Developing balanced leave policies that address the needs of staff while working within budget constraints, including: parental, self-funded, sick, and professional development leaves.
- Policies vs Practices: keeping up with current job descriptions, contracts, performance evaluations, exit interviews, succession planning.
- Paying a Living Wage: how are artist-run centres faring in terms of salaries in the non-profit sector?
- Conflict Resolution: what recourses are in place for employees and employers in conflict situations?
- The Role of the HR Committee
Webinar info will be sent to registrants closer to the date.