EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: COMMUNICATIONS AND MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR
Communications and Membership Coordinator
$18/hour, 14 hours/week, 12 month contract
Application Deadline: Monday, January 13, 2014
The Media Arts Network of Ontario/Réseau des arts mediatiques de l’Ontario (MANO/RAMO) is Ontario’s only arts service organization exclusively dedicated to furthering the work of media arts organizations and the independent artists they represent. MANO/RAMO is focused on developing responsive, innovative and proactive initiatives that create meaningful opportunities for media artists and organizations.
MANO/RAMO requires a highly organized communications specialist to join the staff and work in cooperation with members. We are looking for an administrator with a strong understanding of the media arts to coordinate communications with the regional, national and international media arts sector.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE A COMBINATION OF THE FOLLOWING:
• Coordinating all communications with MANO/RAMO member organizations
• Maintenance and administration of all databases, invoicing
• Preparation and design of monthly newsletters and other bulletins
• Updating MANO/RAMO’s social media accounts
• Assisting with the coordination MANO/RAMO professional development programs
• Website maintenance
• Editing and proofreading skills
QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE A COMBINATION OF THE FOLLOWING:
• Experience developing communication and media strategies for non-profits
• Experience working in the non-profit sector
• A demonstrated interest in the media arts
• A history of communications management
• Proven editorial skills
• Bilingualism is an asset
This position requires the ability to multitask and take on multiple responsibilities. MANO/RAMO has a very small staff, who must be ready to solve problems on the fly. The ideal candidate will have experience and understanding of the media-arts / artist-run sector and a strong communications background.
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae and cover letter (including two references) to email@example.com as a word or pdf attachment. Please indicate “Communications and Membership Coordinator” in the subject line.
MANO/RAMO will not accept any phone or in person inquires for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. MANO/RAMO is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in all its forms.
DEADLINE for receipt of applications: Monday, January 13, 2014.
This opportunity with MANO/RAMO has been created with the support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation.