Project Coordinator Media Arts Presenter and Touring Network
24 hours (3 days) per week for current project duration of two years
Compensation $30 per hour
Project start October 2021
Place of work is remote from anywhere in Ontario
Applications due September 27, 2021
The Media Arts Presenter and Touring Network (MAP-TN) aims to transform how Canadian media artists, organizations, and curators present work across Canada. Inspired by Book Your Own Fuckin’ Life, a DIY punk touring resource of the 1990s, MAP-TN will provide both the how to and the connection points for expanding how independent media art circulates in Canada and the economy of practitioners. The project will be developed over two years from October 2021 fostering collaboration between organizations and independent touring by artists. Following the DIY ethos of its print predecessors the platform will be expansive, open-source, and adaptable.
The MAP-TN Coordinator will work with MANO’s Executive Director and Membership and Communications Coordinator to ensure the project responds to the complexity and contradictions of the media arts across Ontario and Canada. They will coordinate the work of a technical team of web and database developers, a graphic designer, and other contractors; carry out community consultations; develop outreach activities to expand the platform; prepare project reports at main milestones; and provide ongoing leadership to the project.
The Project Coordinator Media Arts Presenter and Touring Project reports to MANO’s Executive Director and works with the support of a committee of the board and MANO membership.
- Lead the MAP-TN project from October 2021 — September 2023
- Manage project budgets in collaboration with the MANO Director
- Prepare reports and updates for public sector funders
- Provide collaborative leadership to technical and design contractors working on the MAP-TN platform through design, beta, and public launch phases of the project
- Work with the community to develop and implement MAP-TN’s code of conduct, anti-oppression, conflict resolution, and accessibility standards
- Lead community consultations with stakeholders to inform platform development
- Coordinate outreach to expand the reach and relevance of MAP-TN to new communities
- Coordinate workshops and training for users
- Produce public reports at key milestones in the development process
- Lead project communications
Qualifications, please outline your experience (as applicable) in the cover letter of your application:
- Experience working in artist-run, DIY, and/or independent organizations and collectives
- Knowledge and experience touring or presenting media art including film, video, sound art, digital media, video games, experimental music, or related art forms
- Programming or curatorial experience in a media art or related discipline is an asset
- Consensus decision making and facilitation experience
- Strong understanding of anti-oppression and equity frameworks
- Strong communication skills and experience with remote work and project management
- Multilingualism an asset, English will be the primary language of project work
The Media Arts Network of Ontario (MANO) is Ontario’s arts service organization dedicated to furthering the work of media arts centred organizations, collectives, and the independent artists they represent. MANO/RAMO is focused on developing responsive, innovative, and proactive initiatives that create meaningful opportunities for media artists and organizations.
MANO is an equal opportunity employer that encourages applications from members of equity seeking communities.
To apply please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae as pdf attachments to jobs@mano-ramo,ca by Monday, September 27.
We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
MAP-TN is supported by Canadian Heritage — Strategic Initiatives and the Canada Council for the Arts — Digital Strategy Fund.